Waiting is harder than marching!

Posted by Fool | | Posted On Monday, October 5, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. Psalm 130:5

It may seem to be an easy thing to wait, but it is one of the postures that a Christian soldier does not learn without years of molding and discipline. Marching is much easier for God’s warriors than standing still. So often, instead of standing firm on God’s Word, we retreat in fear, turning to the right in rebellion or rushing forward in presumption. God’s end-time army must have the ability and tenacity to wait in prayer, to stand firm on His promises and hope in His deliverance!

Hold on to your unwavering confidence in God. Believe that if He keeps you tarrying even until midnight, He will come at the right time. “Though the vision tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry” (Hab. 2:3). Wait in quiet patience, and don’t complain when you are under affl iction. Instead, adopt the right attitude by blessing the Lord at all times. Never murmur as the children of Israel did against Moses. Never wish you could go back to the world again, but accept the situation and commit yourself into the hands of a faithful God. Say, “Lord, not my will but Yours be done. I do not know what to do. I will wait, even if You keep me waiting for many days, because my heart is fixed on You alone, O God. My spirit waits for You in the full consolation that You will be my joy and my salvation, my refuge and my strong tower.”

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Waiting is harder than marching!