Today we start a new series called Power to Change.
How do you become a Christian?
By going to church? By being good? By being born in a Christian family? By being christened?
It's not surprising that people don't know the answer to that question. One of the important religious teachers of Jesus' time didn't know the answer.
John 3: 1-6
Becoming a Christian is something God does through the Holy Spirit. It's like starting life all over again. But God doesn't just pounce on us and make us Christians whether we want to or not. We have to play our part. We must . . .
- want to follow God
- be sorry for what we've done wrong
- believe that Jesus died so that we could be forgiven
- ask God to make us a new person.
God . . .
- forgives us (and goes on forgiving us)
- gives us a fresh start
- fills with his Holy Spirit
Are you a Christian? Do you want to become a Christian?
. . . the Holy Spirit to lead you to Jesus.