Today we start on the new topic: Discipleship
Jesus said, "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat - I am." - Luke 9: 23 THE MESSAGE
Jesus said, "Whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it." Luke 9:24
Christ loves you the way you are. But he also has a vision for who you can become.
1. What areas of your life are the hardest to surrender to Christ? Why?
2. What personal costs have you paid in order to follow Christ? Were they "worth it" to you? Why or why not?
3. Consider Jesus' statement, "Whoever loses his life for me will save it." What does it mean to "lose your life" for him? How will your life be "saved" in return?
4. What "costs" have you paid in your own life for not following Christ?
5. What rewards have you gained from following him?