Luke 4: 1-2
Jesus was led by the Spirit in the desert, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil.
God sometimes empties and dries us out so he can fill us with his life. During times of emptiness, we become most dependent on God.
1. Have you ever been "led by the Spirit" into a "desert experience"? Explain.
2. Was God able to turn this hard time into something good, to be used for his glory! If so, how did he accomplish this?
3. Satan loves to try to sabotage the desert experiences that God wants to turn for our good. Has he ever tempted you in a vulnerable time of your life? How did you respond?
4. During past desert experiences, how has God helped you through (i.e. His Word, other believers, prayer)?
5. How do your past experiences in the desert help you to face current or future difficult times?
The Lord said: "I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me and followed me through the desert." Jeremiah 2:2